- Our Glitter Heart Wreath – Home Sweet Home
- Washi Tape TV Make Over – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Puppy Mattress – Lottie’s Home Sweet Home
- Violet and Jimmy’s Home Sweet Home
- Flower Arranging – Home Sweet Home
- Popsicle Stick Craft Tutorial- White Picket Fence Make Up Box
- Mirror and Glass Flower Bowl DIY- Home Sweet Home
- The Home Sweet Home Diary – Quick Craft
- My New White Painted Make Up Table- Home Sweet Home!
- Beautiful Pin Cushion Part 1 – Home Sweet Home
- Needle Felted Hedgehog Pin Cushion Tutorial- Home Sweet Home
- How To Make Removable Princess Curtains – Home Sweet Home
- Candy Shaped Plastic Bag Keeper Sewing Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- New Laundry Bin Make Over Tutorial- Home Sweet Home
- Make Your Own Fake Flower Window Box- Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Removable Fabric Bed Head Board – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Belts- Home Sweet Home
- Cute Bees And Flowers For The Bedside – Home Sweet Home
- Pink Remake Of My Eyelash Holder – Home Sweet Home
- Glitter Bling Keys – Home Sweet Home
- Painted Craft Shelves – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Cute White Board – Home Sweet Home
- Cherry Blossom Window Stickers – Home Sweet Home
- How To Cover Speakers – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Craft Box From A Yoga Mat – Home Sweet Home
- My Photo Wall and Notice Board – Home Sweet Home
- Welcome To Our Home Sweet Home
- The Living Room – Home Sweet Home
- The Kitchen – Home Sweet Home
- The Hallway- Home Sweet Home
- The Laundry – Home Sweet Home
- James’ Area- Home Sweet Home
- Violet’s Vanity Area – Home Sweet Home
- Bedroom – Home Sweet Home
- What have we learned from Home Sweet Home?
- DIY Kitchen Splashback for Renters
- How To Make A Cute Doorstop – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Jewellery
- How To Decoupage Shelves – Home Sweet Home
- New Kitchen Backsplash Stickers
- Crochet Spiral Pillow Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- How To Crochet A 365 Day Shaggy Loop Rug – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Hair Accessories- Home Sweet Home
- How To Plant An Awesome Window Box Garden – Home Sweet Home
- DIY Fly Screens For Renters – Home Sweet Home
- New Crafting Desk- Home Sweet Home
- Home Sweet Home- Garden Update
- How To Make Your Own Decorative Pom Pom String
- Random Ikea Lamp Hack – Home Sweet Home
- James’ Office Chair Make Over – Home Sweet Home
- Floral Painted Coat Hanger Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- DIY Tea Cup Candle Tutorial
- Covered External Hard Drive Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
Welcome to the next room in Home Sweet Home: James’ area!
Read each of the rooms below (links updated as I post):
- The original Home Sweet Home post
- Welcome to our Home Sweet Home
- The Living Room
- The Kitchen
- The Hallway
- The Bathroom
- The Laundry
- James’ Area
- Violet’s Vanity Area
- The Bedroom
- What have we learned?
Before and after:
This will always be a boys area so it’s never going to be pink and pretty but it’s well organised and not another light hole now!
Before the work James had a massive set of black selves for his photography stuff. It wasn’t ideal as we couldn’t find anything because it was so fat, plus his black shelves held black gear. His desk was also very unorganised. Photo spam:
James tends to keep his things in small piles so I think I might get him a little box or something to keep them in.
At least as time goes by he’s replacing his old broken things with nice things!
The two main things he keeps are photography things and music things.
The photography stuff now has a better set of shelves which don’t take up as much space. You may recognise them from the original food area!
Of course there are still some cute touches. This is from the first time we ever took purikura together :D
The top of the mini fridge holds Lottie’s things. Since taking these photos I’ve moved her things to inside the cupboard and I’m working on another flower arrangement to keep here.
James’s desk takes up a lot of room in our living area but it’s a very important part of the house. Without it I couldn’t bug him to take photos of me XD His requirements for our houses are always that he needs a decent desk and a place to store his photography stuff. In an apartment it’s a bit harder to put that into action without a separate room for it, especially because he likes to watch tv from his desk! The layout we have at the moment works reasonably well for this as he can see around his computer and there’s a space for shelves. It would be nice if we could switch his desk out to a much smaller one so we might be able to turn it sideways and reclaim the space he’s not using. I didn’t want to do too much here because it’s James’ space but the changes we did carry out actually did make a difference to brighten the whole room.
- Shelves swapped
- Desk covered with a table cloth
- Desk reorganised
Still to be done:
- Better more comfortable (and less ugly) chair
- Smaller desk
- Paint shelving
I don’t think this area was ever going to be cute and girly, it’s James’ area after all and he’s not exactly in love with the idea of daisies covering his computer monitor XD That said having the table cloth really brightens the room up. Hiding the black photography gear in the shelves works well and the only improvement I could think there would be to either paint them or have a door so they are hidden entirely. All in all as long and James is happy with it so am I!
Bonus progress photos:
This is from when I changed the shelves out, notice the lovely model who kind of looks like he’s trying to flirt with the camera XD
The desk was given to us by SuperKawaiiMama and it’s served very well these last few years but I think it’s time to get something smaller which we can turn around. Make sure you come back tomorrow for the next instalment: Violet’s Area!