- Our Glitter Heart Wreath – Home Sweet Home
- Washi Tape TV Make Over – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Puppy Mattress – Lottie’s Home Sweet Home
- Violet and Jimmy’s Home Sweet Home
- Flower Arranging – Home Sweet Home
- Popsicle Stick Craft Tutorial- White Picket Fence Make Up Box
- Mirror and Glass Flower Bowl DIY- Home Sweet Home
- The Home Sweet Home Diary – Quick Craft
- My New White Painted Make Up Table- Home Sweet Home!
- Beautiful Pin Cushion Part 1 – Home Sweet Home
- Needle Felted Hedgehog Pin Cushion Tutorial- Home Sweet Home
- How To Make Removable Princess Curtains – Home Sweet Home
- Candy Shaped Plastic Bag Keeper Sewing Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- New Laundry Bin Make Over Tutorial- Home Sweet Home
- Make Your Own Fake Flower Window Box- Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Removable Fabric Bed Head Board – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Belts- Home Sweet Home
- Cute Bees And Flowers For The Bedside – Home Sweet Home
- Pink Remake Of My Eyelash Holder – Home Sweet Home
- Glitter Bling Keys – Home Sweet Home
- Painted Craft Shelves – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Cute White Board – Home Sweet Home
- Cherry Blossom Window Stickers – Home Sweet Home
- How To Cover Speakers – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Craft Box From A Yoga Mat – Home Sweet Home
- My Photo Wall and Notice Board – Home Sweet Home
- Welcome To Our Home Sweet Home
- The Living Room – Home Sweet Home
- The Kitchen – Home Sweet Home
- The Hallway- Home Sweet Home
- The Laundry – Home Sweet Home
- James’ Area- Home Sweet Home
- Violet’s Vanity Area – Home Sweet Home
- Bedroom – Home Sweet Home
- What have we learned from Home Sweet Home?
- DIY Kitchen Splashback for Renters
- How To Make A Cute Doorstop – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Jewellery
- How To Decoupage Shelves – Home Sweet Home
- New Kitchen Backsplash Stickers
- Crochet Spiral Pillow Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- How To Crochet A 365 Day Shaggy Loop Rug – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Hair Accessories- Home Sweet Home
- How To Plant An Awesome Window Box Garden – Home Sweet Home
- DIY Fly Screens For Renters – Home Sweet Home
- New Crafting Desk- Home Sweet Home
- Home Sweet Home- Garden Update
- How To Make Your Own Decorative Pom Pom String
- Random Ikea Lamp Hack – Home Sweet Home
- James’ Office Chair Make Over – Home Sweet Home
- Floral Painted Coat Hanger Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- DIY Tea Cup Candle Tutorial
- Covered External Hard Drive Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
One of the things I wanted to make in the Home Sweet Home project was a notice board. I made one when we lived in Brisbane but it was too big to bring with us so I have been making do since moving here.
We have a massive glass door which leads to our bedroom so I figured that was the perfect place to put one! This is the result:
Now it’s up, I really like it but I’m debating whether I would rather just cover the glass with some nice paper and put the board and polaroids/business cards somewhere else. That’s for another day though so today I’ll just show how I made all of this!
I was reusing old supplies for most of this.
Cover the cardboard in foam and hot glue it down. I used that same old yoga mat and because there wasn’t much left I made a bit of a patchwork XD
Next cover it all with fabric. Again I was using scraps so I did it in two sections.
The finish was a bit rough so I glued thick elastic around the edges and middle. This made it look more like a window. You could easily use ribbon or something else similar.
Now I wanted to make a little white picket fence to go around it too so I used popsicle sticks.
I snipped off one of the ends…
Painted them all white…
And left them to dry while I did the next part.
I decided to hold this on to the glass using some double sided tape.
Here it is on the wall:
Then I added the popsicle sticks in a picket fence design over the top. It turned out that having the sticks over the top of the board made it too thick to slide back into the wall. Boo! I ended up removing that section and leaving the rest.
Decoration time now! I used some green yarn to hang from the top of the boards to the sides of the door.
I used little pegs to hold photos there.
I made matching swoops of yarn on the other panels.
It wasn’t quite fancy enough so I added some little flowers around the fences and drew in some grass with a green whiteboard marker.
Lastly I made our initials out of pearls and added them to the top.
I love that all my photos and pretty things are on display like this.
But I’m not sure if this is going to be the room’s final incarnation or if I’ll recover it.
I think I’m coming to accept a bit more that my house is always going to be a work in progress! :D