- Our Glitter Heart Wreath – Home Sweet Home
- Washi Tape TV Make Over – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Puppy Mattress – Lottie’s Home Sweet Home
- Violet and Jimmy’s Home Sweet Home
- Flower Arranging – Home Sweet Home
- Popsicle Stick Craft Tutorial- White Picket Fence Make Up Box
- Mirror and Glass Flower Bowl DIY- Home Sweet Home
- The Home Sweet Home Diary – Quick Craft
- My New White Painted Make Up Table- Home Sweet Home!
- Beautiful Pin Cushion Part 1 – Home Sweet Home
- Needle Felted Hedgehog Pin Cushion Tutorial- Home Sweet Home
- How To Make Removable Princess Curtains – Home Sweet Home
- Candy Shaped Plastic Bag Keeper Sewing Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- New Laundry Bin Make Over Tutorial- Home Sweet Home
- Make Your Own Fake Flower Window Box- Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Removable Fabric Bed Head Board – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Belts- Home Sweet Home
- Cute Bees And Flowers For The Bedside – Home Sweet Home
- Pink Remake Of My Eyelash Holder – Home Sweet Home
- Glitter Bling Keys – Home Sweet Home
- Painted Craft Shelves – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Cute White Board – Home Sweet Home
- Cherry Blossom Window Stickers – Home Sweet Home
- How To Cover Speakers – Home Sweet Home
- How To Make A Craft Box From A Yoga Mat – Home Sweet Home
- My Photo Wall and Notice Board – Home Sweet Home
- Welcome To Our Home Sweet Home
- The Living Room – Home Sweet Home
- The Kitchen – Home Sweet Home
- The Hallway- Home Sweet Home
- The Laundry – Home Sweet Home
- James’ Area- Home Sweet Home
- Violet’s Vanity Area – Home Sweet Home
- Bedroom – Home Sweet Home
- What have we learned from Home Sweet Home?
- DIY Kitchen Splashback for Renters
- How To Make A Cute Doorstop – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Jewellery
- How To Decoupage Shelves – Home Sweet Home
- New Kitchen Backsplash Stickers
- Crochet Spiral Pillow Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- How To Crochet A 365 Day Shaggy Loop Rug – Home Sweet Home
- How To Store Hair Accessories- Home Sweet Home
- How To Plant An Awesome Window Box Garden – Home Sweet Home
- DIY Fly Screens For Renters – Home Sweet Home
- New Crafting Desk- Home Sweet Home
- Home Sweet Home- Garden Update
- How To Make Your Own Decorative Pom Pom String
- Random Ikea Lamp Hack – Home Sweet Home
- James’ Office Chair Make Over – Home Sweet Home
- Floral Painted Coat Hanger Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
- DIY Tea Cup Candle Tutorial
- Covered External Hard Drive Tutorial – Home Sweet Home
I’m giving my make up area a complete make over. The hilarity of that sentence isn’t lost on me XD
Anyway part of the Home Sweet Home make over includes my vanity table, more of that in the actual post but today I’m showing you one of the little organisational containers I made to put on there.
My theme was white picket fencing and I made it from stuff I already had at home:
So let’s jump in!
What you need:
Start by deciding how big you want the box to be, my base was 8 sticks. Lay out the correct number of popsicle sticks like this:
Now you need to make cross beams to stick it all together so cut the appropriate length sticks.
Glue three of them down onto the base so it’s completely secure.
Now to start making the sides. Cut the sticks to the correct length so you have one for each side of the base.
Then cut enough picket pieces for each side. Mine were half the length of each original stick so that make it nice and easy to measure. Glue them to the first side piece.
Then add two more sticks on top of that to make it look more fence-ish ^_^
Repeat for the other sides and you have this:
One by one glue each side upright onto the base.
And you now have a box!
For extra strength I glued in some cross pieces to the corners.
Now you just need to make it look prettier!
Paint the whole thing white.
Mine needed a couple of coats before it looked right.
Now it’s time to decorate, this is the most fun bit! I wanted mine to be very spring-ish so I used fake flowers to make it look like a window box.
I glued a sculpey flower between each picket.
Then floral lace around the inside so it was peaking out of the gaps between the pickets.
Pretty cute yes?
The last step was adding a nice bow to the front :D
Done! The most time consuming part of this was waiting for the paint to dry because, well, it was like watching paint dry ;) Other than that it was quick and easy but it looks adorable and is the perfect size to hold eyelashes still on their trays.
You’ll get to see how it all matches into my vanity when finish the diary entries on that :D
What do you all think?